Thank you for joining this effort to intercede for our great nation. The beginning of our journey according to Isaiah 33:23a is to make sure that our personal walk with the Lord is current and open to the Holy Spirit. Please reflect on that for yourself and ask the Lord if there are areas of your life that need to be corrected.
Regarding the beginning of our season of prayer and fasting, every day of the week is covered, so that is a terrific blessings. When it comes to the type of fast you choose, it should be an individual decision that is made in faith. A few types for you to consider:
- Full Fast – Drink only liquids.
- Partial Fast – for example, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- The Daniel Fast – Eat no meat, no sweets, and no bread. Drink water and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables.
- Your Own Adapted Fast – because of dietary or medical needs.
- An Activity Fast – abstaining from TV or the internet for a period of time.
For this first week, let us focus on the Lord restoring the Biblical foundation upon which our nation was founded.
Finally, if the Lord gives you a scripture or a word, please send it to me so that we may share it more widely.
Blessings on your week,
Paul Laursen, on behalf of Advent Leadership and The Praise Community